1. When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
2. Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.
3. What is to give light must endure burning.
4. Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.
5. I grasped the meaning of the greatest secret that human poetry and human thought and belief have to impart: The salvation of man is through love and in love.
6. Each man is questioned by life; and he can only answer to life by answering for his own life; to life he can only respond by being responsible.
7. Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.
8. Fear may come true that which one is afraid of.
9. Ever more people today have the means to live, but no meaning to live for.
10. Challenging the meaning of life is the truest expression of the state of being human.
Eckart Tolle’s Top Ten Quotes:
1) The past has no power over the present moment.
2) Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.
3) The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it.
4) Always say “yes” to the present moment. What could be more futile, more insane, than to create inner resistance to what already is? What could be more insane than to oppose life itself, which is now and always now? Surrender to what is. Say “yes” to life — and see how life suddenly starts working for you rather than against you.
5) Being spiritual has nothing to do with what you believe and everything to do with your state of consciousness.
6) Accept – then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it.
7) You do not become good by trying to be good, but by finding the goodness that is already within you, and allowing that goodness to emerge. But it can only emerge if something fundamental changes in your state of consciousness.
8) As soon as you honor the present moment, all unhappiness and struggle dissolve, and life begins to flow with joy and ease. When you act out the present-moment awareness, whatever you do becomes imbued with a sense of quality, care, and love – even the most simple action.
9) The moment that judgement stops through acceptance of what it is, you are free of the mind. You have made room for love, for joy, for peace.
10) When you don’t cover up the world with words and labels, a sense of the miraculous returns to your life that was lost a long time ago when humanity, instead of using thought, became possessed by thought.